<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5189768642132100769?origin\x3dhttp://aichalicious.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
wideawake&dreaming.
okaeri, donna!

AISYAH K, 19
6 April
NUS FASS
IJC '08/BPGHS '06
passion for firemen!

the bubble.


secrets & lies.




love me or leave me.

Aisyah
Aisyah Yazid
Amira
Atikah
Atiqah
Ayuni
Danilah
Faj
Farid
Fazillah
Fiza
Hajar
Irna
Jannah
Khairin
Madhiah
Nadia
Nadiah
Nadirah
Nadyaaa
Ramizah
Rashal
Sharifah
Suhana
Tasha
Ting
Thohirin

the dionysian debacle.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



of heartbreaks & hotels.


gracias.


Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm most probably teaching Conversational Malay at AJC!

OH NO. This is scary! It's a good thing because I won't be unemployed for 5 weeks but the thought of it is freaking me out!

Yesterday's relief teaching stint was an eye-opener. It made me realise that kids these days, even those as young as 8, actually know more things than we probably do. 10 years ain't exactly that huge an age gap to think about it really, but it's amazing all the questions they bombard you with. And they are so hyper, you can barely catch up with them. You're attending to a student on a question on singular and plural nouns and the next thing you know a girl is crying because she was pushed by another girl whom she was playing with happily prior to that. And another bunch of girls are climbing over some contraption which shouldn't even be in the classroom in the first place. And then there's always one or two students who keep coming to you to be granted permission to erase the board and then the few "knowi-it-all" kids. I guess teaching lower primary kids is not my cup of tea at all, I'd be glad to do ad-hoc but long term would be too overwhelming for me! I love kids sure, but attending to 28 kids - whoa! Especially for somebody who lacks patience like me (sure I've been more patient over the years but this is definitely a challenge for me).

okay great. i hope the conversational malay lessons would go on fine!

Labels: ,



no place like homecoming @ 11:47 AM